The conference bridge app allows two or more callers to join a single call. Various configuration options exist for the bridge, such as PINs to protect access to the bridge, and a cap on the maximum number of people who can join the conference.
Editing the Conference Bridge App
To edit the settings of the conference bridge app, follow the instructions below.
- Click the Apps tab to show the default Apps tab view.
- Click the extension link of the Conference Bridge to load the conference bridge editor. By default, the extension is 900.
- Edit any fields that you wish to change. All fields are described below.
Extension field -- The short (2-6) series of digits used to reach this application. This extension can be dialed by anyone with an extension on your Ryng Phone System.
User PIN field -- Passcode for users to join the conference.
Moderator PIN field -- Passcode for moderators to join the conference.
Announce checkbox -- Play a sound when someone enters or leaves.
Wait for moderator checkbox -- When enabled, the conference cannot begin with a moderator. If someone enters the conference by supplying the user PIN, they will hear music until the moderator joins.
Maximum users field -- Maximum number of users allowed to join the conference. Anyone who tries to join the conference beyond this number will not be allowed.
Save button -- Click the orange Save button to save any changes that have been made to the conference bridge. Changes are not active until they are published. See the Publish Tab article for more information on publishing changes.
Cancel link -- Discard any changes that have been made to the conference bridge, and returns you to the default App tab screen without saving. You will not be prompted a confirm the cancellation.
- Click the orange Save button. You will receive confirmation of your changes in the top right corner of the screen.
- Changes are not active until they are published. See the Publish Tab article for more information on publishing changes.